Winter is a quieter time in Ocean City. Without the hustle and bustle of the summer, the community slows down and comes together. I compiled a list of fun activities throughout the area for you and your family.
Enjoy a romantic dinner with your special someone or a night out with the family. Many local restaurants are open during the winter and offer delicious specials throughout the week.
Downtown Ocean City
- 32 Palm (Hilton Hotel) | 32ndSt. & Oceanfront | 410-289-6444
- Asian Garden | 15th St. & Philadelphia Ave. | 410-289-7423
- Buxy’s Salty Dog | 27th St. & Philadelphia Ave. | 410-289-0973 | Open Wednesdays – Mondays
- Dry Dock 28 | 27th St. & Philadelphia Ave. | 410-289-0973 | Open Thursdays – Fridays
- Captain’s Table Restaurant | 15th St. & Boardwalk – 410-289-7191
- Coral Reef | 17th St. & Boardwalk | 410-289-6388
- Happy Jack Pancake House | 25th St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-289-7377
- Pickles Pub | 8th St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-289-4891
- Pit & Pub | 28th St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-289-2020
- Victorian Room | 28th St. & Oceanfront (Dunes Manor Hotel) | 410-289-1100
- Hemingway’s | 17th St. & Baltimore Ave. | 410-289-2612
- Atrium Café | 54th St. (Quality Inn) | 410-723-1646
- Bayside Skillet | 77th St. & Coastal Hwy | 410-524-7950
- BJ’s on the Water | 115 75th St. | 410-524-7575
- Dough Roller 41st St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-524-9254
- Dough Roller | 6909 Coastal Hwy. | 410-524-7981
- Fager’s Island | 60th St. & Bay | 410-524-5500
- Fat Daddy’s Subs Pizza Wings | 82nd St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-289-4040
- Hooked | 81st St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-723-4665
- Longboard Café | 67th St. (Town Center) | 443-664-5639
- Marlin Moon | 33rd St. & Baltimore Ave. | 410-289-1201
- Ropewalk | 82nd St. &Coastal Hwy. | 410-524-1009
- Sea Bay Café | 61st St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-524-6100
- Seacrets | 49th St. & Bay | 410-524-4900 | Open Fridays – Sundays
- Touch of Italy | 67th St. & Coastal Hwy. (Holiday Inn) | 410-524-5252
North Ocean City
- Blue Fish Restaurant & Sushi Bar | 94th St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-524-3983 | Open Wednesdays – Mondays
- Bull on the Beach – 94th St. & Coastal Hwy. | 410-524-2455
- Dead Freddies | 105 67th St. | 410-524-3733
- Denny’s Restaurant | 112th St. (Comfort Inn) | 410-723-5214
- Dumser’s Restaurant | 12305 Coastal Hwy. | 410-250-5543
- Greene Turtle | 11601 Coastal Hwy. | 410-723-2120
- Harpoon Hanna’s | 142nd St. & Bay | 800-227-0525
- Horizon’s | 101st St. | 410-524-3535
- Nick’s Original House of Ribs | 144th St. -410-250-1984
- Smitty McGees | 37234 Lighthouse Rd. | 302-436-4716
- West Ocean City
- Crab Alley | 9703 Golf Course Rd. | 410-213-7800
- Dough Roller | 12849 Ocean Gtwy. | 410-213-7655
- Mickey Fins | 12952 Inlet Isle Dr. | 410-213-9033 | Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Shark on the Harbor | 12924 Sunset Ave. | 410-213-0924
- Watermans | 12505 Ocean Gtwy. | 410-213-1020
Take a few minutes for yourself this winter. Relax and unwind while pampering yourself. Many of Ocean City’s salons and spas stay open year-round.
- Bliss Salon & Spa | 410-213-1122
- The Boulevard | 443-513-3132
- Maxim Nails & Spa | 410-390-3476
- Salon Sixteen | 443-513-4248
- A Perfect Face Day Spa | 410-213-9883
- The Grand Salon and Acqua Day Spa | 410-289-4066
- Six Eleven Salon & Gallery | 443-644-2691
Enjoy Local Art
Ocean City takes great pride in our local art movement. We offer a variety of exciting and culturally rich opportunities year-round. Located on 94th St, The Ocean City Center for the Arts features a spacious two-story gallery, a pottery studio, classrooms, art library and five working artist studios. The galleries display new exhibits of regional and local artists monthly, some of whom are Art League of Ocean City members.
The Great Outdoors
While the weather may discourage sunning on the sand, you will find many locals walking the beach daily. And between Labor Day and Memorial Day, you are allowed to walk your dog on the beach and boardwalk. You can also enjoy the local trails throughout Assateague or bike on the boardwalk.
Chilly, windy days lend themselves to indoor fun. Luckily, Ocean City offers several indoor activities from date night to fun for the whole family.
Starbuck’s Book Club
50 W. & Inlet Isle Lane, West Ocean City
If your perfect activity during the Winter is snuggling up with a good book, share your love with Starbuck’s Book Club. The club meets monthly to eat yummy snacks, drink coffee and catch up on the latest book.
- Sun & Surf Cinema | 14301 Coastal Hwy. | 410-213-1505
- Fox Gold Coast | 11301 Coastal Hwy. | 410-213-1505
- Flagship Premium Cinemas | 12641 Ocean Gateway | 443-664-7554
Winter with the Locals
To celebrate winter like a true local, you need to put put indoors or spin around our indoor ice-skating rink.
- Old Pro Golf | 6801 Coastal Hwy.
- Carousel Ice Rink | 118th St. on the Ocean
To learn more about Eastern Shore living and other concierge level secrets in Ocean City, contact Mechelle Nichols, Luxury Collection Specialist, at 410.430.1575 (cell) or mnichols@LuxuryShoreLiving.com.
Leave a Reply