The sounds of waves lapping at the shore, salt air soothing the senses – living oceanfront or bayfront brings a feeling of peace and calm. Waterfront living is the epitome of luxury living.
Benefits of Waterfront Living
Beautiful Views and Increased Privacy
- When water is your backyard, your privacy and seclusion is vast. Instead of viewing your neighbor, you can look out into stunning water views.
- Houses near the water are in limited supply. Homes are more desirable and will retain their value longer. Also, a family property is an investment in the future for your family.
- Ample sunshine improves your wellbeing through increased exposure to Vitamin D. Soothing sounds relax your mind. Fresh air improves your oxygen intake, combats free radicals, and balances serotonin levels leading to increased relaxation and happier minds.
An exclusive world exists for boat owners of Ocean City. Waterfront homeowners easily skip the normal traffic and crowds for the serene waterways. The most luxurious homes provide dock access with their property. Many bars and restaurants provide docking and instant access to superior service.
Restaurants Accessible by Boat
West Ocean City
Water activities abound when your backyard is beautiful water access – from jet skiing around the bay, to deep-sea fishing, the day is your oyster.
Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) – One of Ocean City’s fastest growing activities. Similar to surfboards, these give you a fun way to explore the region and a great workout.
OC’s Water Activities
Walk on Water
- Walk on Water will provide you with standup paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, and the patient, friendly professional instruction and that will have you loving the sport in no time. Fitness classes and ecotours available. Destinations range from Ocean surf to mellow bay areas.
OC SUP & Fitness
- Located at Fager’s Island – You will paddle around the serene waters of the Bay. Enjoy gorgeous views and local wildlife, including birds, and other sea creatures. OC SUP will cover all the basics you need: proper stance, paddling technique, turning and more. Not only is SUP a great time, it’s also an excellent core workout. It looks like the miracle of “walking on water”. OC SUP offers lessons, rentals, fitness classes, excursions and board sales.
48th Street Watersports
- If you are looking for fun in the sun with your family, 48th Street Watersports has it all. The location offers a quick escape from summer crowds in a mid-town location. They are the only place in town to offer catamaran sailing instruction and rentals, as well as kayak eco-tours and paddle fitness classes. If you prefer to venture out of your own, they offer stand up paddle board, kayak, sailing, wind surfing and paddle boat rentals. If you have a place you want to explore other than their midtown environs, they will deliver our kayaks FREE to you, and pick them up when you are finished.
67th St Paddle Cove
- You just paddle down a short canal and you are on the bay where you can explore the ecological wonders of the shore line or just relax in the warm summer sun. The 67th Street Paddle Cove is located on 67th Street just off Coastal Highway, adjacent to the Longboard Cafe and Sunset Island Condominium complex. They provide the equipment and training on how to enjoy the bay and its beauty in a more tranquil setting. Their experienced staff will ensure a safe and delightful excursion onto whatever part of the bay you prefer. They fit appropriate flotation devices to all, keep track of current weather conditions and monitor other traffic in the environs.
- Looking for something a little more exciting than meandering through the waterways? At Action Watersports, they supply everything you need for an exciting ride: from safety training and instruction to the largest riding area (3 square miles) in Ocean City!
- Odyssea Watersports offers a little bit of everything for water fun! A family owned and operated watersports rental company in Ocean City, Maryland, has been in business for over 20 years! Offering jet ski, pontoon boat, stand up paddle board, and kayak rentals.
To learn more about waterfront living and concierge level secrets of the Eastern Shore, contact Mechelle Nichols, Luxury Collection Specialist, at 410.430.1575 (cell) or mnichols@LuxuryShoreLiving.com.
Leave a Reply